Monday, August 30, 2010

another fire

So, three days after that palm tree burned (which turned out to be caused by a six year old with a lighter) we had another fire a few blocks away. After church I heard helicopters but didn't think much of it until Ryan came home from a meeting and told me to look outside. This one was caused by some teenagers smoking marijuana in a field. We had a great view from our backyard of the helicopters making the drops and were amazed at how accurate they were. A few families in the ward had to evacuate but there was no damage other than some singed backyards.

.

(When the neighbors cut down the burned palm tree it fell on our fence so part of it had to be replaced- hence the three "orange" boards.)

1 comment:

Camille said...

It wasn't your 6 year old who started the fire, I hope!!! LOL!!! I don't even remember there being a fire over by your house?! Fire scares me!!! Glad you guys are okay!!