Saturday, May 2, 2009

Happy Birthday to our Benjamin

Benjamin turned five yesterday. At breakfast he reminded me to get out the special red plate, and then he helped me design and decorate his cake. After looking at all the Family Fun cakes he said he just wanted a normal chocolate cake that said "Happy Birthday" on it. He also wanted green and blue. Here's what we ended up with:


I guess I'm not the best at centering words. Also, Josh and Joel will want to take note of his shirt.

Later we went to play miniature golf with a few friends at a place with black lights (hence the change into the white shirts- for the glow factor).










And of course, cake and presents. He was a little puzzled when he unwrapped this one: a pencil sharpener. We were in dire need of a good pencil sharpener, and I wanted to get a manual one. I happened to get it the day before so I just wrapped it up as one of his gifts.






I think he had a good day. I am kind of regretting not making it a bigger party, but it was all kind of last minute. I just feel bad that a few of his friends may have been left out. (So if any of those friends' moms are reading this, let's go golfing!)

1 comment:

emily said...

looked cool, even if it wasn't "huge."

nice thinking on the pencil sharpener. ha.