Friday, February 18, 2011

choo-choo-choose me





We had our traditional Valentine's dinner of homemade lasagna. Actually I'm pretty sure I haven't always made it from scratch. Sometimes we do the frozen kind. But this year I served it in courses and we made the whole thing kind of a learning experience about what it's like to dine in a fancy restaurant. The hardest thing for the boys was waiting in between courses. And we definitely need to work on suppressing burps and other bodily noises at the table. (Even Wesley will fake burp and laugh at himself.) They did a good job of chewing with their mouths closed, though, and of keeping their voices down a bit more than usual. It turned out to be a nice evening. Alex even remembered why we have lasagna every year.

4 comments:

Ms. Bananie said...

Love that tradition. Plus, you get to be home with your 5 Valentines. Awesome!

GuateMama said...

Looks like fun! I'm glad we aren't the only ones working on suppressing bodily noises at the table.

vernalstinson said...

Maybe we have holidays so we can try to teach manners. Zander is really into fake burping followed by "mee'mee" (excuse me.) Would the pink carpet hide stains if lasagne was dropped on it?

megan said...

Well, I don't know if the stains would be hidden but it is nice to not care how many stains we make!