Tuesday, December 22, 2009

ten years





Last Friday was our ten year anniversary. We had talked about doing something big for our 10th, but circumstances wouldn't allow us to go too far. We had to find something we could do with a baby in tow. We ended up in Pasadena, at the fancy Langham Hotel. We checked in Friday night, then went out for dinner and a movie. We had an exotic dessert back at the hotel, and had to talk our way into the restaurant since they had already closed. The next day we had planned to go on a picnic and then to the Huntington library and gardens, but we ended up not having time for the Huntington.

The picnic was a lot of fun, though. We dressed up late 50's/early 60's style (why? no reason) and even got ourselves a picnic basket for the occasion. Then we took lots of cheesy pictures of ourselves.
Ryan is hunting out the perfect picnic spot (apparently it's up in the trees):

The cute picnic basket:


We had never heard of this brand before:


Enjoying the spread:



Fancy french soda:



Playing in the leaves:


I didn't know Ryan was capable of such high kicks.



This was our attempt to recreate the poster from the movie we had just seen. The sun was a little too bright though. Ryan's expression is not intentional.









Wesley had fun too.

Here's to more decades of wedded bliss. Our personalities are so different which can be challenging at times, but most of the time it works for us. He helps me get motivated to get things done and I help calm him down when he gets stressed out. I help him remember where he left his keys, and he helps to keep me immature. It's fun to think about what our expectations were then and how things have turned out so far. We're not disappointed.

7 comments:

Lee said...

Happy 10 to our favorite couple friends ever. We miss you!!

emily said...

oh i love the 50s/60s clothes. seriously. you both looked fab. you guys are a fun couple and i'm glad it's working out so well. and, really? 10 years? sheesh. makes me feel old. and we're just 2 years behind ya.

Deen Family said...

Congratulations! You have a lovely family.

Ms. Bananie said...

Hooray! Congrats to you! '99 was a great year to get married! ; )
Love the picnic pic's. I sometimes feel like I was supposed to be born in that decade. Looks like a fun date indeed! Keep up the good work!

Jedi Craft Girl said...

You guys are such NERDS!!!!!!!

megan said...

Yes, Amanda. Yes we are.

Dawnell said...

What a cute and fun post!! I wish that David and I could hang out with you guys sometime... when I think of you my memories come from more than 10 years ago in Jazz Choir. For some reason I remember your Lucky Charms t-shirt. I love the picnic pics! Also, David loved the Hey Ya charlie brown and has forwarded it to family members!