Monday, June 4, 2012

The big 8 for Ben

It was a big birthday year for Benjamin. He turned 8, which meant he was baptized and he got to have a friend party. All of his birthday celebrations were stretched out over a two week period. Party planning isn't my forte, so it was a little exhausting for me but I think everyone had fun and I don't have to plan anything like this for a while!



We got to have our own private baptism for Ben (usually we have a combined one with other kids from church who are turning 8) because I assumed it was happening on one day when really it was supposed to be the next weekend. So it was mostly a small family affair but it turned out really nice. Both of his Grandmas gave talks and Grandpa Baer sang some songs with the guitar. Ben, his brothers and cousins also sang "I'm Trying To Be Like Jesus."

For his party Benjamin wanted a Superman cake but I kind of wimped out and just did some basic cupcakes with a Superman emblem stuck in the tops. Don't know if I even got a picture but they weren't my most impressive attempt. He invited some friends over and we played a bunch of games in the backyard.
A minute-to-win-it game where you have to get a cookie from your forehead into your mouth without using hands.



This was right after he got drenched with the water from the cooler.





No comments: