Thursday, September 25, 2008

Sir Edmund Hillary

Charlie is a climber. The other two boys didn't do this, but I'll regularly find him here:





or here:

(At his altitude, the light diffuses like that)



Of course when the other two were 18 months we didn't have a bunk bed or a slide.

He also likes to climb up on top of the kitchen table or up onto the computer desk and push whatever buttons he can find.
It doesn't help that whenever he gets ahold of something he knows he's not supposed to have and sees me coming toward him, he'll throw it down. Most of the time he happens to be standing on the tile floor when this happens, and our phones/cameras/lego creations probably won't be able to tolerate this many more times.

Now that I've discussed a negative, I have to bring up a positive. He likes to clean. He loves to use the broom and will wipe any surface with a dishtowel. He also loves the vacuum, which is a first for our kids. The other two would still rather lock themselves in their bedroom while I vacuum, and were terrorized of it when they were smaller (kind of like the vacuum from Mr. Mom) but Charlie will follow me around acting very excited. Sometimes he points to the closet so I will open the door and he can just look at the vacuum.

And here is just some bedtime fun with Dad. Sorry I chopped off the tops of their heads.

1 comment:

Camille said...

He is so cute, Megan!!!!