Monday, July 7, 2008

Mission Accomplished

Craigslist came through for me in the end. I was able to sell the Toby Keith tickets and I also found tickets to another concert I really wanted to go to (Coldplay, if you're curious). Has anyone else ever used Craigslist? It feels a little weird when you go meet the person. First of all, you have to be careful and meet in a public place and all of that. And it just feels kind of shady, handing over a wad of cash for whatever it is you're buying (or the other way around). It's just that both parties, the seller and the buyer, don't want to be the victim of a scam so both are probably extra suspicious (are these fake tickets? Is this counterfeit money?) I think most scams involve fake checks or requests for wiring money, so I wasn't too worried since I was dealing with cash. Luckily I don't think I look too intimidating and luckily both of my transactions were with nice young women. I had Charlie with me when I bought the Coldplay tickets so I looked extra safe. I guess we'll find out at the concert if my tickets are the real deal.

4 comments:

emily said...

ha that's funny. but i'm glad you got to sell the tickets and buy ones that won't require you to wear cowboy boots.

i tried selling some ugly old trailer on craiglist. no one fell for it dangit. but i don't think where i live it is too "internet savvy." maybe someday. . .

Baer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Baer said...

Speaking of concerts, Joel invited me to the Police concert this past Saturday. When Sting sang "It's a big enough umbrella," I thought of you. That was my first concert in about 18 years. Yikes! (Then again, it may have been their first in about as long.)

megan said...

Jeremy, I'm glad you went since you were the first one in the family who "discovered" them. I remember finding your old tape of Zenyata Mondata and listening to it all the time in high school. So what did you think of the concert? Josh and I went last year and had terrible seats. But I liked watching Stewart Copeland.